Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
will ride down first thing in the morning and then scurry home back up to our mountain home in Payson.
Call ahead and make a "firm" appointment before you "scurry" down there.
Right now, no dealer has the parts to do the recall.......and when they do get some, the line likely will be about 86 miles long waiting for the service.
If you just show up, you will be VERY disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
As noted, my Spyder only has 7K miles and it is unlikely that it will be a problem before then but I would like to at least get phase one completed. If they will fix it for free I am in... but it could be a while.

o_O
There really is no "phase one".

They basically will just look at it and if it is not bad enough to cause a problem, they will send you back home.
IF it should happen to be really BAD, they likely will KEEP your bike until the right parts come in if they deem it too dangerous to ride or they damage the old pulley during inspection.

You can look at the pulley yourself......by popping the top left body panel off (the one by your left knee) and looking back inside there with a flashlight. If there is no obvious damage to the pulley and little to no "red dust" then you can save yourself a trip.

Mine has a little red dust. I am riding it until the parts come in.
IF.......it should strip out completely, it will just coast to a stop.
Not a major problem in my book........unless maybe you ride like a fool.
:)

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
and they told me I have to bring it in and leave it for the recall repair.
You should NOT stand for that crap.
If it is still riding OK, the repair should take no more than an hour.
They should start a list and call YOU to make an appointment when the parts arrive.
I would be tempted to talk to the OWNER......and then call BRP to complain.

This is kind of like telling you that you must bring your vehicle in and leave it to have new tires mounted.
And they will get to it whenever it is convenient for THEM.
Bunch of bull crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts