1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anybody else out there on an RT noticed that their mirrors seemed to catch a case of the shakes after a while? My dealer was a bit less than satisfying; he just said that "They all do that", and told me to hold out some hope for BRP issuing a service bulletin on it.:eek:
The mirrors are held in place an upper stud and by 2 spring clips that are snapped over 2 studs on the lower side. Make sure that both of the lower springs are fastened. After removing the mirrors they can be a buggger to get re-fastened, but with a few quick slaps to the lower side they will engage. The mirrors are somewhat prone to vibration, but mine are securley fastened.
Don't hold out hopes for a fix from BRP as they have bigger issues to deal with as I'm sure you have seem.
C-YA RL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Broken?

Hello. I took my rts-5 in for the clutch recall. The mechanic said all was good & went home. While getting ready to leave I noted that my right mirror was gone, not there at all. After briefly wondering how the mechanic did a test drive without noticing he forgot to put a mirror back on, I got the manager, who was still there. He looked, found it & put it back on. After that, the mirror was wobbly. I took it back in & was told that one of the pins was broken. If they had to take yours off, the same thing might have happened. Good luck, I hope you have better luck with mechanics than I have ( only related a little of the bad experience)
ed mcmillan

·
Registered
33 Posts
wobbly

Hello. I live in Northern Dutchess County. I have been taking it to the cycle center in Poughkeepsie.
I you are close enough, I'm up for a ride. I take it pretty easy esp since I am waiting for recall work.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts