Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of mirror extensions, though my windshield I currently have is the ultra touring windshield (from my understanding). It has the flare out that protects the hands from the wind.

I contacted ESI about the mirror extensions, and he said my windshield will not allow for them.

My choice now is to research windshields in hope of changing it out and adding mirror extensions, or put them on anyway and cut the windshield to fit.

Being that I'm 5'4" I'm curious what other under-tall folks prefer as far as windshields go. I see they come in different heights, I presume for different height-ranges in people. I prefer to have the wind blocked from my chest, and I also don't want to have too many angles on the shield for the wind to grab on its way by and shake.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have tried the standard BRP, the touring BRP, Then CHAD from Canada, and now Madstad- see Can-Am

The Madstad is IMHO by far the best . It is infinitely adjustable, up, down ,in and out. Being spaced away from the bodywork means it eliminates the negative pressure that causes much of the turbulence experienced in the BRP ones. Look at the BMW screens for instance and you will see that they to are spaced away from the fairing to help eliminate negative pressure.

Read more at http://spyderryders.net.au/products.html but you will want to order from mark at Madstad direct.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a 22inch wind shield from calsci and when it come to riding at high speeds the wind is no problem.it also cuts down on road noise.good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts