Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RS with a Can-Am touring windshield, and I commute daily to work. The windshield naturally is subjected to much vibration. Perhaps for that reason, the windshield is secured to the Spyder with two metal bolts at the base, and plastic bolts near the sides of the base.

After 35,000 miles, vibration caused one of the metal windshield bolts to work itself out, and I had it replaced with another. That replacement bolt started to work itself out, and when I tried to tighten it, I noticed that the threading that secures the bolt was stripped.

Normally, these bolts thread into the component containing the nearby headlight. I'd hate to have to replace the entire headlight in order to be able to screw in another bolt. Is there another solution, or do I have to get a new headlight?

If the latter, any recommendations or wisdom to share about switching to halide lamps? Vendors? Cost?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Have you tried rethreading then using Locktight?

HID lights are expensive not sure if you can buy any that are cheaper than Burp ones that fit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You could try using a bolt slightly larger in dia. and with a courser thread no longer than the bolt you took out do not bottom out the bolt just snug it up. P s use a brass bolt so it doesn't rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts