Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. It is probably the coolest thing on 3 wheels.
2. It is fast and furious , if you want it to be that way.
3. It is $1,000's less than a Ferrari or Lambergini.
4. It is much more stable than the Harley & Goldwing Trikes.
5. Wives and Girlfriends are happy to ride on the back.
6. There is enough storage space for a weeks vacation as compared to the NINJA bikes out there.
7. They don't do wheelies and figure 8's going down the highways, but WE will live longer than those who do.
8. It can do 0-60 in 5 seconds ( IN REVERSE) lol
9. Instead of putting phone books on the seat, all you have to do is raise or lower the windshield.
10.The cruise control helps prevent corporal tunnel syndrome.
11.The heated grips will help to melt the snow, so you can use this machine just like the SNOWMOBILE . (That's what it feels like looking through the windshield). LOL.
12.It's great that all the Tupperware covers up all the flaws that BRP has made.
13.In the winter, your legs will be kept warm, mostly on the right side.
14.If you push the rear air shock switch while riding, you can jetison yourself into space. LOL
15.If you leave valuables in the glove compartment without locking the handlebars, you can be sure you will be placing a police report for stollen property. LOL. I never lock the steering wheel. Am I too trusting?
16.The BRP dealers need the money during this recession.
17.The maintenance is soooooo cheap. LOL
18.The 7 year Zurich Warranty which I purchased, is actually good for 7 years.
19.My dealer (East Coast Cycle Center, Bensalem, Pa.) makes me feel like one of the family.
20.It is absolutely the most fun of any cycle I have had and I have had almost 50 in my lifetime.
21.It has the same name as my 2002 Toyota MR2 SPYDER.

Gordon:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why waste your money on a Spyder ?

22. women salivate when they see you on your Spyder
August 23, 2011
I want to thank all of you for your comments. I really enjoy all of these Spyder sites. I am definitely getting my money's worth from my computer. I am letting my fingers do the talking. LOL.
I took an 82 mile ride yesterday with two of my friends. We went to New Hope, Pa. and then to Stockton and finally ended up at Washington Crossing, Pa. It was really delightful. The weather was beautiful. One had a 2002 Goldwing that he just purchased and the other was one of those sport touring Yamaha's. He (Yamaha) has a need for speed and doesn't like when we just relax and cruise the speed limits. All the women in trucks and cars would wave to me (Spyder) and give thumbs up. Even the men did the same. I think you will see more of these on the roads due to the fact that the women said they would ride on the back of these, but don't like riding the two wheelers. Of course, we knew that, right ? LOL.

Gordon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a surprise. LOL. I previously had a 2000 MR2 and sold it. I really missed it so I bought another one last year. This one is red w/black top and the other was silver w/black top. They are really fun to drive. I don't buy these cars for speed. I buy them for the fun of driving and also for the fact that everyone on the block doesn't have one. I like to be different.
Gordon

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gordon, how many miles do you have on a Gold Wing trike? I have 61,000 miles on my Wing and it is as stable as my RT-S. It depends on your riding experience with either scoot, but the RT is not "much more stable" than MY GW Motor Trike. I have only ridden one other brand of trike kit some time back and can't paint with a wide brush. I have never ridden a HD trike so make mo comments on it. However you could be correct when riding certain roads...I only have 3,800 miles on my RT and have only been in the west Texas twisties for about 700 of those miles. May have 12-15,000 on the Wing in the hill country...

·
Registered
504 Posts
What a surprise. LOL. I previously had a 2000 MR2 and sold it. I really missed it so I bought another one last year. This one is red w/black top and the other was silver w/black top. They are really fun to drive. I don't buy these cars for speed. I buy them for the fun of driving and also for the fact that everyone on the block doesn't have one. I like to be different.
Gordon

Our Mr2 is yellow with the 6 speed sequential with the cold air system, custom header and exhaust. Bought it new 9 years ago and really had to look to find one back then. Not super fast but going up highway 55 out of Boise it's pretty hard to keep up with. Traded a 99 Miata that I hated since we bought it new for the MR2 which got us kicked out of the Miata club. We don't get as much attention in the MR2 as we get on the Can AM but have had more than a few ask if it's the new Porsch. My garage is pretty content with 2 of the best spyders available inside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MR2 Spyder

Our Mr2 is yellow with the 6 speed sequential with the cold air system, custom header and exhaust. Bought it new 9 years ago and really had to look to find one back then. Not super fast but going up highway 55 out of Boise it's pretty hard to keep up with. Traded a 99 Miata that I hated since we bought it new for the MR2 which got us kicked out of the Miata club. We don't get as much attention in the MR2 as we get on the Can AM but have had more than a few ask if it's the new Porsch. My garage is pretty content with 2 of the best spyders available inside.
8/28/2011

Everytime I pull up somewhere with the MR2 they ask the same question. "is it a Porche" ?. I love the car. I didn't buy it for speed, I bought it for just the fun of riding around in a small convertible. It is fantastic. I now have about 56,000 and it looks like it just came out of the box.
Gordon

·
Registered
504 Posts
8/28/2011

Everytime I pull up somewhere with the MR2 they ask the same question. "is it a Porche" ?. I love the car. I didn't buy it for speed, I bought it for just the fun of riding around in a small convertible. It is fantastic. I now have about 56,000 and it looks like it just came out of the box.
Gordon
ours just turned over 21,000 and still looks new.

Now there are 3 of us in Boise that are getting together to ride. The other two couples so far have RT's. Just got back from a 125 mile ride and bairly beat the heat. I think next week we are going to shoot for a longer trip up to the Lohman/Stanly area. Sure Would like to find others in my area that would like to ride with a group.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts