Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Which Spyder do I have?

798 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Easy Rider
i am planning to purchase a 2009 spyder and i have looked all over the internet to try and determine which model it actually is. the only markings on the rear fender area is STS, which it obviously is, but i can't find any details about this particular model. Any ideas on where to find details? Thanks and i look forward to participating with the group!
Automotive lighting Sports equipment Bumper Automotive tire Tool
See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Any ideas on where to find details?
Have you tried a Google search for "2009 Spyder STS" ?

What details do you need that you can't get by looking at it and test riding ??

NOTE: Getting service for a 14 year old Spyder can be a serious problem.
Some dealers won't touch them.

yep, google was my first stop and nothing there. lots on an RS SM5/SE5 but nothing on an STS. i have ridden it and checked it out, not interested in servicing it as i will do that myself. just moreover curious why i cant find anything on that particular model. thought maybe this forum of enthusiasts may be familiar with that particular model and give some insight.

thank you for the reply.
So its for sale. What is it listed as by the current owner and are there any more photos?
Are you sure it is a 2009 model ?
Have you seen the title ??
A quick search leads me to believe that they did not HAVE an STS in '09.
Thanks and i look forward to participating with the group!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Are you sure it is a 2009 model ?
Have you seen the title ??
A quick search leads me to believe that they did not HAVE an STS in '09.
that is a great point. i haven't seen the title yet and that could be the issue.
So its for sale. What is it listed as by the current owner and are there any more photos?

:unsure:
listed as a 2009 spyder, no more pix but since i made this original post i looked at pix of a 2013 ST-S and it looks just like the one i am buying.
So, mystery solved. i purchased the bike today, after seeing the title and the actual model year. The spyder was advertised by the owner as a 2009 but actually is a 2013 STS, which i can find plenty of info about. So easy rider cracked the nut. thanks for the input!
Congratulations on your new ride. Post us a picture when you get a chance.

Could be the Can-Am roaster
So, mystery solved. i purchased the bike today, after seeing the title and the actual model year. The spyder was advertised by the owner as a 2009 but actually is a 2013 STS, which i can find plenty of info about. So easy rider cracked the nut. thanks for the input!
Congratulations 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I'm glad you found out what model it is
What is a "roaster" ??

Welcome to the forum.
What kind of Spyder do you have ??
1 - 14 of 14 Posts