Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was taking the Idaho STARS trike safety course yesterday to get my endorsement we had to accelerate very quickly to 20 and do the swerve manuver. I discovered that even with the se5 it is actually pretty easy to brake the back wheel loose even on dry pavement from a dead stop if you really roll the throttle on hard.

I found that really quite supprising. I always knew in the wet it was pretty easy to spin the back but didn't think it was possible on dry pavement.

BYW - I did pass the course and now have my 3 wheel endorsement.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
gratz

up here we don't need to do any swerving but need to do a panic stop from 30km .. when I did mine I almost went over the windshield..

sheesh bike stops real fast.. all sorts of alarms went off too. I guess the brkae fluid sensor went wacky.. hehe

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope it was from a dead stop. I only had a short distance to get up to the 20 mph that they wanted before doing the swerve so I was rolling it on harder than normal to get up to speed. Surprised the heck out of me but really impressed the socks off the instructor. I have been thinking that it may be a combination of weight loss and power gain.......lost quite a bit taking off that ugly back fender thing and stock exhaust plus gained some hp with the hindle exhaust and K&N air filter.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Why you old Hot-Rodder... :cool:
Reminds me of an ATV safety course that I once took... we had to ride up over some railroad ties as they were trying to tell us now to get the front end light with power and weight transfer to overcome trail obstacles...
I got to the first tie, lofted the front wheels of my Grizzly, and rode the wheelie up and over the rest of them... :D
The instructors were NOT impressed! :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
While I was taking the Idaho STARS trike safety course yesterday to get my endorsement we had to accelerate very quickly to 20 and do the swerve manuver. I discovered that even with the se5 it is actually pretty easy to brake the back wheel loose even on dry pavement from a dead stop if you really roll the throttle on hard.

I found that really quite supprising. I always knew in the wet it was pretty easy to spin the back but didn't think it was possible on dry pavement.

BYW - I did pass the course and now have my 3 wheel endorsement.
I have an se5 and a sm5. You can leave alot of rubber on the pave with both. Especially the sm. the se5 will also if you hit it just right off the line.
And yes you can get the tire to break loose on dry pave.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts