Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a 2015 Cam AM Spyder RT and planning a long trip. What's your take on importance of having a back rest when on a long ride?

If you recommend a back rest, should I go with the Can Am OEM or there's a Show Chrome back rest at less than 1/2 the cost. I've purchase some items from Show Chrome and they seem of decent quality.
Buy OEM pops on and off easy. Awesome for long rides, nice to lean back with support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2015 Cam AM Spyder RT and planning a long trip. What's your take on importance of having a back rest when on a long ride?

If you recommend a back rest, should I go with the Can Am OEM or there's a Show Chrome back rest at less than 1/2 the cost. I've purchase some items from Show Chrome and they seem of decent quality.
Oh yeah without a doubt OEM. I did and love mine. Just remember when you're taken off those bolts that is those bolts that the back of the seat the passenger before you start to loosen up the bolts those nuts you need to put a rag down in that little hole that little hole otherwise if you lose one of them those nuts you aint getting back it's gone it's like down into the dark dungeon. You have to take it off to install the a bracket and the support on the underside of the seat. Easy to do There's a bunch of videos online that show you how to do it. I have, I've got the OEM back rest.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts