Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

What's the Best Product you have found for Cleaning?

20K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Lane Chambliss 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a Charcoal Grey Spyder RT-S. (I LOVE IT!) However, from polishing Chrome and Metal on my husbands Harley, to Plastic Siding on my Spyder... What is the best product you have found to clean the plastic siding without leaving swirl marks, or damaging the plastic?

Thanks for your help!

Also, I ride in Ventura County CA. Anyone near by!? I would like to ride together!! :p

#2 ·
Me? I just use whatever soap is already in the shower...
Ohhhhh... The Spyder! :D
I use MeGuier's Quick Detaile for the normal cleanups
Dirtier work gets car wash first, and then Lemon Pledge.
:cool:r

#4 ·
My dealer recommended the Honda Pro High Performance cleaner and polish. (New Formula)

It works great and IMOP better than Plexis (sp).

#6 ·
Why yes I am... :D We were using this stuff back in the mid-eighties at a Honda dealership when I was Part-timing there; putting together bikes for "Gold-Wing Chrome money" on the side... :cool:
The only downside that we ever saw was that it would attract dust...

#8 ·
The best product hands down for cleaning the Spyder is Lucas Slick Mist, does not attract dust, applies instant wax and takes less than 5 minutes to do the entire Spyder, this is why my bike looks brand new on every ride.

#10 ·
Plexus and Pledge. Works for me. All of these suggestions are good. Ya just gotta use them...

#13 ·
+1 for how Plexus works. -1 for smell of Plexus. Works great. Smells not so great. I won't Plexus it in the garage and for as odd as it smells, the bees in Las Vegas seem to love it. Must smell like flowers to them. Every time I pull my RTS into the driveway for a shine, bees come out of nowhere.

#15 ·
Lucas Slick Mist repels dirt? My Spyder is yellow and attracts dust and bugs like Justin Bieber attracts teenagers at the mall. She needs a bath right now, but I'll stretch it until after the next ride, if I can!

#20 ·
Actually lots of "elbow grease"! :D
Well... that and just about whatever I'm using on the rest of the plastic...
I think that BRP uses a plastic that causes bugs to morph into a combination of Crazy Glue and peanut butter when they hit the windshield! :eek:

#21 ·
pledge rules!

I always used Pledge on my bikes. A few years ago i googled what to use and a bunch of forums said to use Pledge and it makes my bike shine!! But i wouldnt use it on the seat it has wax in it and we dont want anyone slipping off their seat on a tight corner haha i dunno what to use for the seat, but for everything else use Pledge they have a new multi surface one so you can use it on the whole bike! (Sep the seat) lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.