Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Charcoal Grey Spyder RT-S. (I LOVE IT!) However, from polishing Chrome and Metal on my husbands Harley, to Plastic Siding on my Spyder... What is the best product you have found to clean the plastic siding without leaving swirl marks, or damaging the plastic?

Thanks for your help!

Also, I ride in Ventura County CA. Anyone near by!? I would like to ride together!! :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer recommended the Honda Pro High Performance cleaner and polish. (New Formula)

It works great and IMOP better than Plexis (sp).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys
I use Mr Sheen furniture polish works great and makes the bug guts come off the front easier ..... have used it on all my bikes for years

Stu

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
The best product hands down for cleaning the Spyder is Lucas Slick Mist, does not attract dust, applies instant wax and takes less than 5 minutes to do the entire Spyder, this is why my bike looks brand new on every ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Plexus and Pledge. Works for me. All of these suggestions are good. Ya just gotta use them...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your too funny!!! What does the Lemon Plegde do? DO you use that on the seat?

Me? I just use whatever soap is already in the shower...
Ohhhhh... The Spyder! :D
I use MeGuier's Quick Detaile for the normal cleanups
Dirtier work gets car wash first, and then Lemon Pledge.
:cool:r

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The best product hands down for cleaning the Spyder is Lucas Slick Mist, does not attract dust, applies instant wax and takes less than 5 minutes to do the entire Spyder, this is why my bike looks brand new on every ride.
Hmmm... That sounds good!!!! I will have to try that out!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
+1 for how Plexus works. -1 for smell of Plexus. Works great. Smells not so great. I won't Plexus it in the garage and for as odd as it smells, the bees in Las Vegas seem to love it. Must smell like flowers to them. Every time I pull my RTS into the driveway for a shine, bees come out of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Lucas Slick Mist repels dirt? My Spyder is yellow and attracts dust and bugs like Justin Bieber attracts teenagers at the mall. She needs a bath right now, but I'll stretch it until after the next ride, if I can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plexus for the windshield and other clear plastics, Pledge for the body work, 303 Aerospace Protectant for the seat and flat black plastics, and Zymol wax for metal.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts