Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been on a bike but looking to make the move to being a fulltime spyder rider, i visited the dealer on tuesday for a test drive HOWEVER as my license is getting renewed i couldnt take it out gutted!

Ok so i'm going to be using it as my main method of transport but as i've never been on a bike /roadster i'm unsure of what sort of mileage they are capable of and what sort of problems i could incur by puting alot of miles on it.

There are a few for sale with 10000-11000 miles these are 1 to 2 years old from main dealers? Any help or advice wpuld be greatly appreciated for all those able to ride your spyders i'm extremely jealous!!!:-(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my Spyder as a primary vehicle April 2010 and have almost 16k on it. I'll easily get my 25K pin from BRP this year. Very few problems at all. They have only been produced for a few years so not too many people have real high mileage yet (at least two are over 100K). Like anything else with moving parts, if you stick to the regular scheduled maintenance, keep all fluids changed and properly topped off, pay attention to the machine it will serve you well.

Pull the trigger and ride it like ya stole it. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is not very much milage on a 1 to 2 year old machine they were probably weeekend
riders I put on approx. 15000 miles a year and I live in Vermont so I only get to ride about
7 months of the year. P S there is over 4 ft of snow in my front yard and it is only 1/21/11

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sdale14, we are the East of England's main Spyder dealer, please give us a call, we are only too happy to help and you never know we may have a bike in stock for you. Even if we don't we are only too pleased to give advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts