Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ST LTD with 1300 miles on it. It has been in the shop on multiple occasions for the same VSS fault issue. For whatever reason the service department cannot figure things out. Now they are saying it has something to do with how the brakes were welded from BRP. They had been working on the spyder for 2 weeks and just delivered it back to me friday. I take it for a ride and i hear some banging in the front end and I cannot figure out what it is so I decide to drive it back to the service department. Come to find out they forgot to tighten all the lug nuts and both tires were about to fall off which they acknowledged would have been a disaster for me. I am a new rider and have completely lost confidence in the spyder and more important this service department. The next closest service department is over 70 miles away. What would you do? Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Unless you are wealthy you really have little choice. You would loose a ton if you tried to sell or trade it. A reputable dealer is worth almost more than you can imagine if you own a Spyder. If you don't trust that particular dealer go to the one 70 miles away. I am very fortunate - I have the one I use which is reputable and is 9 miles away and there is another one about 25 miles away which also has a good reputation. Just another reason to live in beautiful East Tennessee.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I agree with the others

I think one of the biggest issues with a lot of dealers is that they see that the Spyder is a new market that is starting to grow and they want in, so they become a dealer and throw one in the corner and then have a half trained tech who knows how to take the Tupperware off and WOO HOO!!!! they are set.

unfortunately it takes more than that as we all know they are more complicated than your standard motorcycle.

I for one am pretty lucky as my dealer is the only place that sells BRP/CanAm products within 200 miles ( and that place in Kamloops does not have a good rep, the next one is even farther and right now unless one has chains for winter you are not going to want to head there unless one goes the US ) and that's all they sell, and they still have issues figuring some things out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.