Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought used (only 7,800 miles) 2015 F3-S MS6 Spyder around 1st of June. Had my nearest dealer (RideNow, Ocala, Fl) pick it up and take it to their shop due to a problem with the clutch. They assessed the issue and asked for more than $1,000 to order the parts. Got an email about a week later saying parts were backorder and I should have the the repaired bike about July 7. That date came and went so I contacted my service advisor and she said parts were still on back order and it now could be early August.
Well, August is approaching so I called the service manager for an update. Parts are still not there. Anybody have any suggestions? I have a golf cart to get to thingslose by but the bike is my primary transportation as I don't have a car. How can Can Am advertise and promote their Spyders without being able to supply parts to dealers on a timely basis? Have others of you had similar issues getting parts and service. Anybody out there has experience with RideNow in Ocala?

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
Anybody out there has experience with RideNow in Ocala?
This one probably isn't their fault......as repair shops for everything almost everywhere are having trouble getting replacement parts these days.

BUT......having said that, I would not trust Ride Now in Ocala to work on a skate board.

I have an appointment to take mine in about 10 days from now to have a headlight bulb replaced.
I am perfectly capable of doing that, I'm just too lazy.
And it's kind of a test to see if things there have improved any lately.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm on the middle of RideNow country here in Phoenix. While this particular parts delay may not be their fault, I STRONGLY suggest you look for a different dealer - even if it is 100 miles away!

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
Anybody out there has experience with RideNow in Ocala?
As an experiment, I had them change both my headlight bulbs yesterday. One was burnt out.

They seem to be covered up with service work.
My one hour job took almost 3.

The total cost was about $230. Two bulbs at $25 each and one hours labor at $180.

They offered to check my front sprocket BUT warned me that if it was bad ENOUGH they would NOT give me the Spyder back until parts came in, a month minimum. I told them not to look at that or touch it.

Overall about what I expected and given todays "environment" not too bad I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a problem like that with the dealer I bought the bike from. It sat in their garage for 3 months, service manager said waiting parts. I called the factory. They had never even ORDERED the parts and the parts had been in stock forever. I got my bike back after reading the service manager the riot act, drove past the dealer (3 miles from my house) to another dealer 30 miles up the road and got my bike back in 3 days. Call the factory and check on the parts, they may not be telling you the truth. Seems that all dealerships lie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts