Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Spyder the pressure was way over the recommended limits. So I let out air and have my tires set at the max recommended PSI. Interestingly, my Spyder now feels a little more "squirrely" or "loose" than it did before. I'm wondering how everyone else has theirs set up. For reference, I'm riding in 60-80 degree temps in Albuquerque, with very low humidity and dry roads. (It's only sprinkled 3 times here in the last 6 months).

Thanks!
Andy

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
On my 2010 RS I run 20 in front and 30 in the rear. Also have front shocks on stiffist setting and after market anti sway set for agressive driving. Am liking my RS a whole lot now! I found that with the pre load anything less than max and recomended tire pressure the front felt mushy on corners and that scared me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am running 17 front and 30 back. When I got it it was 27 front and 37 back. It felt really stiff. I wonder if I adjusted my suspension how much of a difference that would make. I'm having my rear tire replaced tomorrow, so I may see if they'll do that for me while I'm there. Any recommendations on suspension settings? I believe they go by number. I'll trade ride comfort for stiffness in turns.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
504 Posts
My rear shock is set to the soft setting but the fronts are at the hardest. This plus the aftermarket anti sway bar and front tires set at 20 pounds has helped my RS handle the corners much better in my opinion. You may find something different that works for you but I like my settings at this point.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got my rear tire changed today, as well as my software update and hose to the evap canister replaced. While it was there I asked them to adjust my suspension. When I described what I was feeling, they recommended stiffening the front suspension. So far so good. I only rode it back to work from the dealer, but it felt better. Especially because it's so windy here, I felt more in control.
Interestingly--since the software update, I get three little beeps when I start it up now. I think that is because the parking brake is on. Just interesting that it wasn't happening before, but now it is.

Thanks to all for your input. I'm sure I'll continue to tinker with it. I'm 225 lbs, so I think the stiffer suspension will serve me well.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts