Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taking a quick survey what helmet liners fellow members are using for winter and summer use.
Gets real hot here in North Carolina and the Sliks I use now gets soaked.
So which ones do you like for winter and summer?
Polyester, Cotton, Combination of Materials, Fitted, Sized, etc…???

· Registered
22 Posts
I have a few BMW jackets. Some of them have a hood that rolls out of the collar of the jacket. The hood is designed to be worn under your helmet so it’s fairly thin. The material is some sort of stretchy synthetic. If you get caught in rapidly changing weather it will save you. Keeps water from rolling down the back of your neck. Keeps you a lot warmer when the temperature drops, too.

On blistering hot days I wear a poly synthetic skull cap under my helmet. It’s perforated so it breathes very well. It helps keep the helmet liner clean by acting as a barrier to the oils from your head. Super easy to clean. Run it under water with hand soap. Wrings dry really fast. In a few minutes from start to finish, you’re good to go.

Hope this helps

· Registered
10 Posts
I have a few BMW jackets. Some of them have a hood that rolls out of the collar of the jacket. The hood is designed to be worn under your helmet so it’s fairly thin. The material is some sort of stretchy synthetic. If you get caught in rapidly changing weather it will save you. Keeps water from rolling down the back of your neck. Keeps you a lot warmer when the temperature drops, too.

On blistering hot days I wear a poly synthetic skull cap under my helmet. It’s perforated so it breathes very well. It helps keep the helmet liner clean by acting as a barrier to the oils from your head. Super easy to clean. Run it under water with hand soap. Wrings dry really fast. In a few minutes from start to finish, you’re good to go.

Hope this helps
I also have a synthetic/cotton mix skull cap/liner I wear during cold times which are few here in Florida. I did have to ride at night a few years ago when the weather was very cold. Wearing the cap and necessary clothing that kept wind out of the helmet, my head did not get cold. Never tried wearing it in summer and just wash the helmet liner when it gets bad. However, on a long trip across country during heat of summer two summers ago, I did soak it in water to help keep cool. That worked pretty well for about an hour at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts