Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I'm in the market still and trying to find a RS SM5 Spyder. Around here you can find a few 09's brand new for $12,900 or so.

I've been reading this board a lot and have found more and more people reporting issues with their 09's and 10's. Anyone had experience with the 2011's? When did the 2011 models launch?

My question is...what can I expect to pay for a 2011? Is MSRP the going rate? How much money are they working with that they can knock off?

Thanks again guys and girls. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
A new 2010 RS SM5 is going for $14500 in Lawrenceville, GA. Here in the Knoxville, TN area they are going for $16500. The local dealer will not deal but others will. You're going to have to shop around. The best deals are probably going to be used ones but you have to know what you're getting. If you are unsure it is better to pay a few extra bucks and buy new. As to whether you will have issues it is a crap shoot. If you read the forums you will find people with thousands of trouble free miles and then there are others with problems right from the start. I don't think it matters what model it is. I have 6000+ miles on my 2009 RS SM5 and it has been trouble free. If you can get a new 2009 RS from a dealer for $12900 my advice would be to go for it. David

·
Registered
306 Posts
When looking at a dealer for a new older model don't just look at the price but ask about BRP incentives. When I bought my '09 last year I got $1000 in free upgrades and additional 15% off anything above this about. You also want to buy the BEST warranty. The dealer would also be more inclind to service your GS/RS if a recall is made.

Used GS/RS models may be about the same price as some leftover models but they may be loaded with upgrade options like better seat, handle bar risers, lighting, etc. Make sure any used model has the BEST warranty.

Good luck on your search! :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you're set on getting a new one, there isn't going to be as much wiggle room in the price as there will be for a used model.

If its got the BEST warranty, I think a used Spyder is a good bet. Mine is previously owned, and I'm ecstatic with not only the price I paid, but the extra goodies that came with it. Cycletrader.com and Craigslist.org are good places to look, as well.

Check the Can Am website for dealers near you; there's a dealership in Shawnee, Oklahoma, that has nice employees in the service department. (I don't know about the sales people, I didn't deal there.) They have a part on order for mine that's covered under the recall. They're going to give us a shout when it comes in, so my machine's not sitting in their repair shop indefinitely.

Anyway, good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008 RS paid $9500

I bought mine 11/2010. It had 3200 miles, custom burnt orange paint and custom 2 brothers exhaust. I've put over 2000 miles on it and no problems. It even had warranty left on it when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Hello again,

I'm in the market still and trying to find a RS SM5 Spyder. Around here you can find a few 09's brand new for $12,900 or so.

I've been reading this board a lot and have found more and more people reporting issues with their 09's and 10's. Anyone had experience with the 2011's? When did the 2011 models launch?

My question is...what can I expect to pay for a 2011? Is MSRP the going rate? How much money are they working with that they can knock off?

Thanks again guys and girls. :)
So did you end up picking up this 2009, or are you going for the 2011? This is a pretty fair price for a new '09.... big advantage over a used '09's is you get your warranty start date as "now"!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts