Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am installing a Pedal Commander (I am not liking the throttle response or distance I have to turn it). I'd prefer to have it on my handlebars - but do get caught in the rain occasionally. It is currently on sale at SlingMods so I pulled the trigger. I ordered it with the handlebar mount and "splash" silicone cover. What should I do if I get stuck in rain? Once on the handlebars, it's not easy to just tuck it away in a waterproof place.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,102 Posts
I would hope that the silicone cover would take care of that.
But if you are really worried about it, carry a "ziplock" plastic bag with you that you can put over it and zip partly closed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My PC is located on the panel to the right of the right speaker grille. I just returned from a 13 day trip with 3 days of driving rain at speed & light rain sitting still. Had no issues with the PC even when wet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all, I ended up ordering the silicone cover and it's great - will protect it in an unexpected situation until I can cover it properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, I am installing a Pedal Commander (I am not liking the throttle response or distance I have to turn it). I'd prefer to have it on my handlebars - but do get caught in the rain occasionally. It is currently on sale at SlingMods so I pulled the trigger. I ordered it with the handlebar mount and "splash" silicone cover. What should I do if I get stuck in rain? Once on the handlebars, it's not easy to just tuck it away in a waterproof place.

Thanks!
I just ordered a Pedalbox for my 2021 RT Limited. My plan is to install it inside the lid of the glove compartment. I am going to mount it to the underside of the lid. I will be able to open the glove compartment make any setting changes and then close it up. Being in the glove box will afford it the best protection possible and will also make it less noticeable to those who may want it more than I do. Also the glove compartment can be locked closed for added security of it. I chose the pedalbox because of the internet discussions of error codes thrown by the pedal commander. My understanding is the pedalbox will not do that. German made it, is good quality and precise in control.

·
Registered
2012 Spyder RT Limited SE5 Bronze Lava Metallic.
15 Posts
I mounted mine under the seat And use the Bluetooth phone app to make changes. Waterproof and somewhat theft proof.

·
Registered
2012 Spyder RT Limited SE5 Bronze Lava Metallic.
15 Posts
BTW, my PC is mounted to my 2014 RT 1330. I believe there is no PC for the 990.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts