Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

What Warranty options did you buy for your RT?

• 12 month BEST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 month BEST PLUS (maintenace)

• 24 month BEST

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find a whole lot online at the CAN AM BEST warranty website or in their brochures or what I got from the dealer.

what EXACTLY is covered by the PLUS option. All i see is that it covers 600 mile service and then 1 annual maintenance per year of the BEST PLUS coverage... what does that mean? :confused:

the 1st two years under the factory warranty i cover maintenance?

also what is covered in each annual maintenance? the major mileage maintenance is covered?

thanks in advance for someone who has a can-am best plus extended warranty that can tell me exactly what is in the contract :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
picked the 2 year with PLUS to add to the 1 year that CAN AM offered their VIP email members for last month new vehicles RT purchases.

so get the 600 mile service plus two future major maintenance services covered... i think upto like 8 hrs labor each. at the reduced pricing from shopping around was cheaper then paying for all 3 items and peace of mind they are covered later in ownership. inbetween i will wrench and do the oil changes, air filters changes myself. i wrench my own bikes usually on small stuff and upgrades, also bought the serv manual OUCH $$$ $130+ for the svc manual :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
messed up on Polling:

• select NONE If you didn't buy anything and have 24 month warranty
  • select 12 month BEST if you bought the 12 Month BEST or you got in on the promo for 12 month free BEST warranty with purchase deal
  • Others select as the TOTAL coverage that you have. ie. if you bought 24 month best plus + 1 year free promo = 36 month BEST PLUS:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
A note on the BEST Plus. My dealer charges more per hour than what is reimbursed under the Plus. I pay the difference. So you really don't get up to 8 hours of "paid for" maintenance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sucks I hope they don't try that at my dealer. i got the warranty from them.

I would talk with can am BEST warranty and complain. that's not right charging over the warranty rate for the maintenance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BEST Plus isn't warranty, it's an insurance contract to cover out-of-warranty items (BEST, kicks in after the factory warranty expires) and non-warranty maintenance (Plus). The insurer reimburses the dealer for up to X hours for Y dollars per hour. If your dealer charges more than what is reimbursed, they aren't going to take the loss, they are going to charge you the difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
umm have to diagree with you on that one ... ;)

Owner Center - B.E.S.T. Extended Service | Can-Am ATV

read thru and in it the Can AM website specifically calls it:

What's the difference between B.E.S.T. and B.E.S.T. Plus?

While B.E.S.T. offers an extension of BRP’s limited warranty, B.E.S.T. Plus goes that extra mile with a 10-hour check (off-road vehicles) or 1,000 km inspection (Can-Am roadsters) and annual maintenance for the entire B.E.S.T. protection period.

so in "reality" it is insurance coverage. yes in theory you are buying insurance and should think of it that way. But its marketed as 1. an EXTENSION to your factory warranty and 2. PLUS adds annual maintenance and the 600 mile svc, not x hrs toward annual maintenance and x hrs at x rate toward svc,

I bought the CANAM branded backed warranty not some 3rd party. I got it from the CANAM dealer not a 3rd party.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the CanAm BEST Plus warranty extension also. If you haven't used the maintenance portion yet, don't be surprised when your dealer tells you to pony up the difference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased the 36 months extended best plus/ I was wandering if the price

was different for some who purchased the same warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts