Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have placed a deposit on a 2021 Asphalt Gray Chrome addition RT Limited. My question is this: Why does it take BRP so long to get the vehicles delivered to the dealers? When The dealer said that they had one scheduled for delivery in April, that was the end of March when they told me this. Every week the status is updated by BRP, stating, will be shipped on Monday of the beginning of the week and then middle of the week, it is pushed to the following Monday. Why is it so hard for them to get them crated up and shipped? Has anyone else had this frustrating experience? By the time it does get delivered, the Temps in Phoenix are going to be too hot to ride:-{ TIA for any info you might have!

Greg

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
Where have you been for the last year, Greg ? Hiding under a rock ??

A really LOT of things are hard to come by right now because of the PANDEMIC.
Factories have been closed or running on reduced schedules.
If this hasn't affected your life in other ways yet, get ready......it WILL.

You need to chill and go with the flow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where have you been for the last year, Greg ? Hiding under a rock ??

A really LOT of things are hard to come by right now because of the PANDEMIC.
Factories have been closed or running on reduced schedules.
If this hasn't affected your life in other ways yet, get ready......it WILL.

You need to chill and go with the flow.
Wow, Easy Rider, take it easy, just asking a question. And your statement isn't exactly true, car lots have plenty of cars, RV lots have plenty of RV's and same with boats here in Arizona.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I have placed a deposit on a 2021 Asphalt Gray Chrome addition RT Limited. My question is this: Why does it take BRP so long to get the vehicles delivered to the dealers?
Greg, I was in my Can-Am dealership yesterday, dropping off my 2-wheel ride for an annual service. The showroom floor was EMPTY (except for a lone Slingshot). No bikes available except for a few dirt bikes, no quads, no water vehicles, and no Spyders. It looked like they were closing the store.

Retail around here (Syracuse, NY) is out of product and my sales rep said they've been told not to expect anything for two months. Last year was bad in mid to late Summer and it appears this year is going to be bad in late Spring and into (at least) early Summer. My rep said the store isn't closing, but clearly they're facing some issues.

This also explains why the used market seems to be absolutely booming.

I have no idea how that translates into your new ride showing up. Hopefully actual orders get priority over stock for a showroom.

Steven

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
Wow, Easy Rider, take it easy, just asking a question. And your statement isn't exactly true, car lots have plenty of cars, RV lots have plenty of RV's and same with boats here in Arizona.
Well in my area, new boats in the small to medium range are hard to find.
And many new cars and motorcycles are hard to find too.
(Boats in Arizona.......somehow doesn't seem like a good example.) ;)

RVs are a whole different story because they are always built WAY beyond their estimated one year sales.

And how are the shelves in your favorite supermarket looking lately ?
In my area, they look about half empty.
Just last week I couldn't find ANY of an OTC medication that I use.

Just calling it like I see it. And like it is being reported by the news media.

The point IS that your seeming indignation is grossly misplaced under the present circumstances.
That is the right answer to your "question".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my RT Limited in October 2021--didn't arrive until April 11. That's a LONG TIME! I am beginning to think the standard reply now and for a very long time to come as to long delivery/availability delays will be 'the Pandemic'--it's just too easy to place the blame there.

·
Registered
2021 F3-Special, 2020 Ryker Rally, 2002 Vulcan 2k, 2001 Roadstar Warrior, 2006 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1 Posts
I ordered my 2021 F3S-Special in January and it still has not shown up since the start of May. Dealer says that it should be here sometime in May but he cant say when. It sucks because I am only in country for a finate amount of time to ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have placed a deposit on a 2021 Asphalt Gray Chrome addition RT Limited. My question is this: Why does it take BRP so long to get the vehicles delivered to the dealers? When The dealer said that they had one scheduled for delivery in April, that was the end of March when they told me this. Every week the status is updated by BRP, stating, will be shipped on Monday of the beginning of the week and then middle of the week, it is pushed to the following Monday. Why is it so hard for them to get them crated up and shipped? Has anyone else had this frustrating experience? By the time it does get delivered, the Temps in Phoenix are going to be too hot to ride:-{ TIA for any info you might have!

Greg
This is not a recent problem with BRP. They seem to have shipping problems. For the life of me, I don't know why. I had ordered a trailer from them but it never came in. For months it was always on a truck somewhere and would be in shortly. Needless to say it never showed up. There were no trailers anywhere in the state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts