Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have one 2008 Spyder in Vietnam. And there's no dealer here. My bike is in limp mode now with "Vss fault, check engine, check dps" message, I check the codes and it shows "P0520, C1183, C0051". All about oil pressure sensor and Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). I've disconnected and reconnected all the sensor, opened & cleaned the SAS but problem is not solved.

So now, can I disable SAS for the bike to quit limp home mode? Cause there's no BRP dealer here, and I dont have BUDS & cable to reset, initialize the SAS as the service manual says.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can't offer any help with the SAS. Not sure if that will cause the limp mode to enable, but the oil pressure switch failure will cause limp mode.

I had my oil pressure switch replaced by the dealer under warranty. Seemed to me that it went into limp mode after the 4th or 5th driving cycle after I first noted the red oil pressure icon in the dashboard. In discussion with the service tech, he told me the oil pressure switch signal goes open when the oil pressure is good.
Many oil pressure switches are single wire, grounded through the engine block. I did not look at the oil pressure switch to see how many wires are connected to it. If the ECU needs to see both signals, both grounded to the block through the switch when off and open while running, try starting the engine and then quickly disconnect the oil pressure sensor. If it works, you may need to do this every time you start the bike.

Spyder-sense

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Spyder-sense! I'll try your way about oil pressure sensor. But the difficult problem here is SAS, I've spent many days reading almost topic about vss fault, sas on some forum. And 100% it makes the spyder go into limp mode. I can order new parts and wait for them. But I dont have the BUDS software nor the cable to initialize & reset the new SAS. So now I just want to disable or fake that sensor. Does somebody know a way?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone can help me? now the spyder is useless! I can pay some cash for the instruction. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts