Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I live in Switzerland. I would like to buy a Can-am Spyder but here they charge 28,000 CHF for an 2011 RS-S SE, which is equivalent to $30,000 USD !!!!!!!!!!!!

So I obviously feel this is a bit of a joke considering the US / canada price of around $19,000.

I was happily about to import a Spyder when I learnt that there may be some specification differences between US and european bikes, and also that BRP have tried to lock this down by not supplying the certificates required by me to register it in this country.

Does anyone have any further information ? ie what are the spec differences, and what are the certificate barriers ? , and are there ways round this ?

Thank you kindly for any constructive advice.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
You would probably need a Cert. Of Origin to register the spyder and I don't think it would stand up to European requirements vs. U.S./Canada requirements

·
Registered
504 Posts
Also seems like during one discussion something came up about BRP not honoring warranty's under some conditions with respect to where purchased and where registered. I may have this wrong so please correct me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there are some issues in respect to this, not least of all the fact that the dealer that does services and repairs will be slightly annoyed I bought abroad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,
I live in Switzerland. I would like to buy a Can-am Spyder but here they charge 28,000 CHF for an 2011 RS-S SE, which is equivalent to $30,000 USD !!!!!!!!!!!!

So I obviously feel this is a bit of a joke considering the US / canada price of around $19,000.

I was happily about to import a Spyder when I learnt that there may be some specification differences between US and european bikes, and also that BRP have tried to lock this down by not supplying the certificates required by me to register it in this country.

Does anyone have any further information ? ie what are the spec differences, and what are the certificate barriers ? , and are there ways round this ?

hello from austria .. maybe you find help in an european forum like:
Das Can-Am Spyder Technik-Portal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts