Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning upon startup, my Spyder didn't settle into its normal 1400rpm idle. It varied between 1700 and 2000 rpm, and the twist grip just didn't feel "connected" (Which it actually isn't!)
I shut it off and re-started it and it seemed fine. Just for fun I checked for error codes and got 2 of them:
P1614
P0000

"1614" clearly points to the throttle body... Specifically to sticking throttle body plates. :eek:
I've called the dealer (who still has no power)... They advised me to bring it in as soon as is practical.

I'll keep you all posted! :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
ack !!!!!!!!!

no power? from hisacanne?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Oh no... definitely keep us updated. Hope its a quick and easy fix!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
570 Posts
I hope that the dealer is faster fixing your bike that mine has been. Still waiting for a new battery after 11 days. The dealer determined that part of my melt down problems were related to a bad battery. Since the battery is covered as a warranty item, it must be replaced by a Can Am battery. Not a normal dealer stocked item, they only stock after market batteries. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bob, is that a recall or will it come out of your pocket to fix their issue?

Dave, at least its covered!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Error Codes

I'm still a newbie and have a question. I have the 2011 Limited. How do you check for error codes. I've been reading the posts and it seems like you can check them yourself. Am I wrong?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
you can sorta check for error codes only when they happen if there is nothing going on then not to worry

but i can't rem exactly how to do it though

never had any on my /11 RT Ltd

** knocks on wood head **

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
Codes

Thanks Bob for the info on the codes. I haven't had any pop up either on my RT Limited but I wanted to know this info just in case....

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks for infro.

Thanks Bob, for the infro. about the codes. Same here I have not had one. But the only thing I am having trouble with is " when it is hot out and I am riding for a while and stop cut it off and come back 10 or 15 mins. later it is hard to start. By any chance do you or anyone know anything about this?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts