Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Two wheel rider for years. Now a Spyder owner as well!

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 ·
Enjoying my new to me 2014 RS-S with 9K on the odometer. But the gauge cluster is acting up. If anyone has any tips that would be great!

Safe riding!

Randy

#3 ·
Hey thanks, and thanks for the reply!

I did read lots about the touchy voltage and so charged up and installed a brand new battery etc with no luck. (although I haven't done a great job checking the cable connections other than the battery terminals since they are hard to really look at..)

Every time I start the machine the display flickers as it goes through the normal start up routine, then starts out in the lowest daytime brightness setting. I have to brighten the display in the menu every time I start it. Doesn't seem like a very common issue from what I've found so far.

Next is remove the cluster and clean the rear plug connections and make sure the plug is tight.

Pretty big cost for a new display just to save going through the menu each time to brighten the display, but it is annoying.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.