Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Woodbridge, VA.

My story is a bit much, but I will try to make a point. My husband got his first (2010 RT-S), then I got Spyder fever and got one too, 2008 RS.

Both bikes have been in the shop several times, with this last adventure lasting for two weeks and a new one landing it in the shop today; mine was for in for three days and the issue is still an issue.

I just wanted to show off and enjoy the ride, but it's hard to do with your leg on fire (2008 RS) and when the speed doesn't exceed 25 MPH (2010 RT-S):D

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the hot sides. I've seen that complaint quite a bit on here. I ride an '09 RS, and haven't had any significant issues--even on very long rides. Of course I always wear long pants and riding boots, so I'm not sure if that's why it hasn't been bad. Only on the very hottest days have I felt a heat issue.
I certainly hope both of you get this resolved!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am in Montclair VA and I got a 2008 GS about a month ago, I love it, but you are right it doese get a little hot. Are you going to Coleman's for the repairs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone

Thanks for the encouragement. Colemans service department is something else. They had the 2010 for two weeks before we got it back, two days later they got it back for the same issue. I am told to expect long delays:(
The 08 I am told is just made that way, sorry.

Hello from Woodbridge, VA.

My story is a bit much, but I will try to make a point. My husband got his first (2010 RT-S), then I got Spyder fever and got one too, 2008 RS.

Both bikes have been in the shop several times, with this last adventure lasting for two weeks and a new one landing it in the shop today; mine was for in for three days and the issue is still an issue.

I just wanted to show off and enjoy the ride, but it's hard to do with your leg on fire (2008 RS) and when the speed doesn't exceed 25 MPH (2010 RT-S):D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, the 08 is just that way. Unless I am going around a turn I have learned to keep my legs off the side of the bike, so I don't get burned.

If you are not using Colemans wh o are you using. I took my bike in last week because the GearShift Sensor was bad. They told me to come back Wednesday and they would fix it. I took in yesterday they kept it for 2 hours and called me and said they needed a part and it would take another week. So I left with the bike and hopefully they wiill get the part and replace it before my Apex Spyder class next weekend. It is very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!

I have an 08 GS, and the heat issue was a problem until I had my husband install the after-market parts to redirect the heat from my right foot and leg. Try the "air management kit" and "missing air dam" from Home - Spyderpops.com. The parts arrived quickly and help a bunch!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's interesting...I was riding around yesterday while it was hot (low 90's) and was feeling around all over to find the "hot spots", and the right side of mine wasn't very hot--but the left side (as you're sitting) was fairly hot. I was okay with my boots, but I could definitely feel the heat through my gloves. The black plastic above the peg is where it was hottest. Wonder if that's the same reason for the right side...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts