CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am planning on buying a spyder rs next year and was looking around for aftermarket exhausts.
The twobrothers exhausts caught my attention but I was hoping if anyone could explain a thing or two to me.

According to the catalog the single canister exhaust gives 8.4 hp increase( with 14 lbs weight reduction). The dual exhaust gives 5.2 hp increase (with 10 lbs weight reduction).

I've seen quite a few video's on youtube of people with a spyder that are using the dual exhaust. Now my question really is : what are the other advantages of a dual exhaust? If people pay almost double the money over the single one but get less power gain from it there must be another reason right? Or does it just sound better or so?

Not sure if this is a silly question, if it is I apologise. Hope this question has not been answered in any other thread before (looked but didn't find anything tho).

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
There's no such thing as a silly question; just answers that don't quite cut the mustard...
While I've got no interest in buying exhaust sytems for my Spyder, I spent a ton of time looking into tinkering with snowmobile and ATV exhausts...
How much extra noise do these systems put out? (What decibel levels do they emit?) Are there tests available to back up manufacturer's claims?
What is the "quality" of the sound emitted? If you dig the sound, you're going to be more likely to pay for it.
Basically I just gave no specific answere; just things to poonder... I still hope that it helps! Happy shopping! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sound and the looks are the things that caught my attention on that dual system ( not heard the single one yet). So yeah I think it looks and sounds pretty sweet but the pricetag of the dual compared to the single is pretty steep if its just the looks ( and sound) that it has going for it.
Hope anyone on this forum has this system or has experience with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts