Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thumb mechanism that operates the turn signals on our RT broke. Dealer says parts are on backorder with no anticipated delivery date. Anyone know how to get these parts? Anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Does the entire switch need to be replaced?

Don't forget that you can use arm signals while waiting for the switch. Sometimes I use both in higher traffic situations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the whole switch needs to be replaced. At first it was just the right signal that would not engage but eventually the whole switch failed.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They had to replace my switch also. It seems that the wire bundle was crushed in the factory. I got about 2,600 miles before it started to act up. It took about 5 days for the dealer to get one in for my Spyder.

·
Registered
94 Posts
similar issue

I just traded in my honda cruiser for a gently used 2010 RT - it seems I can't cancel the signal at all - so if i've signaled right and go to cancel it (lane change not a turn), it flicks to left signal and so on and so on.... it's not like I don't know what I'm doing as I've had motorcycles for more than 10yrs and you just push in to cancel, but not with this RT - it's one of my minor list of issues I'm going back to the dealer with. So it's not "broke", it's just malfunctioning!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts