Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Trunk "popper" for Spyder

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mooneych 
#1 ·
Well, I have to say--I'm happy that my trunk pops open now that I have installed the "official" spring from Can Am. Yes, to me it was worth the $13 I paid ($6 for the spring and $7 for the shipping). But I have to say--I may be a bit of a chump for paying $13 for a 30 cent spring. I don't know if this one is specifically designed to fit in the opening, but I'm willing to bet I could go down to Home Depot and spend 30 cents on the same thing. At the end of the day--it was truly simple (you just drop it in and make sure the "tail" fits in the hole at the bottom) and you're done. $13 bucks and about 30 seconds of my time. Funny.

#2 ·
That's all it is? A spring? Huh... well, worth the money if you're happy with it, then!

#3 ·
Your not a chump or I am one too. The one I got was not from Can Am and I found it on e-bay for about the same as what you paid. I like being able to pull up pop the trunk and then pull the key before getting off the bike. The 2011 RS model comes with the popper installed.

#4 ·
Funny...I ordered the spring from BRP's Can Am Spyder 2011 catalog, but it actually came from an Ebay dealer. I guess that's who they use.
And yes--I LOVE being able to just pop it. Especially when I'm getting on--I can just pop it and then turn the key the other way to get the start-up process started while I'm packing the trunk. Worth every penny!

#5 ·
I will never admit how much I have spent on after market stuff for my Spyder but I will say the hood popper for the money I think is the best deal around. Before I got that about half the time I would start the spyder and then have to shut it off, unlock the hood then start it up again. Now I just pop the trunk start the bike and load up and go. It was the same deal when I stopped and about half the time I would forget to pull the key. For anyone with any RS older than a new 2011 it is money well spent.

#7 ·
Just purchased a spring for 75 cents at the local hardware store works great. Took a little foam wrapped it around the stud and slid the spring over it. The foam keeps the spring in place and aligned. The inside diameter of the spring fit tight over the nut on the bottom of the stud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.