Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new RT has less than 400 miles on it and when I started it today it would not shift into R I got it in first but it sounded like someone hit the transmission with a hammer. After getting it back into N I once again tried getting it in gear but this time the gears grated to badly that I abandoned all hope of a ride today. The reservoir is full. Probably a warranty repair but I was hoping that someone might have had the same problem and discovered a quick fix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When my 2008 RS is still cold, it has some trouble getting back to neutral from reverse, so I have to warm it a little, get at least a bar, and then it shifts smoothly. Don't know if anyone else has experienced that too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have had the same issue with my 2010 SME RS-S. Sometimes it marks a big E on the LCD display and I have to turn it off for a while and turn it on again and problem solved. Once I was in traffic at a spot light and suddenly I hit the downshift button while being at 100% stop and the thing started reving and it did not want to change gears at all. Just imagine the shame I felt when everyone started honking!! Haven't found a fix yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2010 RT has intermittent cold shift problems and then when it warms up it will allow the clutches to slip on mostly shifts from 1st to 2nd. I know if I take it to the dealer he will test ride it and say he sees nothing wrong and charge me for it which will frost me to no end! Occaisional and intermittant problems with anything are a problem to diagnose and for the most part I think most dealers just want you to go away till it breaks and they tow you in, then they can do something but it will likely be expensive. Have no answer for your problem but I pray it stays the way it is till the dealer gets to see it. Codes are so general that the dealer often has a system or part of it to trouble shoot and that can be time consuming and expensive. Good Luck! Bill :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts