Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

I need two trailers for my Spyder. One small trailer to pull behind the Spyder for my wife's wheelchair or mobility scooter, and one trailer that is large enough to pull behind my C class motorhome to haul both, the Spyder, and small trailer

Spent a few day, and nights flipping back and forth between enclosed, open, and foldable trailers.

I have a long narrow driveway in the city, and shuffling vehicles around is annoying, so that eliminates the enclosed trailer, since the enclosed trailer is so heavy, it would require hooking it up to a vehicle to shuffle it around every time I need to get a vehicle behind it.

So that leaves the open trailer, and the foldable trailer.

Stinger Trailers says they will custom build me a trailer that will haul the Spyder and the small trailer. The problem here is, this has never been done before, and not too sure of how it will preform.
The Stinger is foldable and easier to store. I am wondering how difficult it would be to add something like a custom canoe rack to the Stinger Trailer, and some type of tarp drapped over the canoe rack, to keep the spyder protected while on the highway. There are lots of other pros and cons with the Stinger, as you can imagine.

The other trailer that I am considering is the all aluminum Apogee foldable trailer. Apogee offers an optional canoe rack, and this trailer should be easier to ad a tarp. The issue here is, I don't know if this trailer is lage enough to accommodate the Spyder and tiny trailer, and I still have to find a suitable trailer that will haul the wheelchair or mobility scooter.

Sorry for the long post, and appreciate all of your input.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,252 Posts
You DO realize that you already started a thread about this very subject on here.....right ??
After I hear back from you, I will try to move this post to THAT existing thread so that the discussion will all be together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You DO realize that you already started a thread about this very subject on here.....right ??
After I hear back from you, I will try to move this post to THAT existing thread so that the discussion will all be together.

Nope. I did not realize that.
Are Spyder lovers and Can Am Spyder Forum the same, or separate 🤔

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,252 Posts
Nope. I did not realize that.
Are Spyder lovers and Can Am Spyder Forum the same, or separate 🤔
They are different.
Look here:
for the first post you made in THIS forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts