Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Trailering a Spyder

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Intruder 
#1 ·
#3 ·
we figure it will work fine for ISCI ones but they had never seen the ISCI ones for a RS nor the Seal ones

so not sure as I have never seen anything but pictures of either also

I am not sure how the rear wheel would work with their system and how much strain it would put on it

#4 ·
When I had my Spyder towed on a flatbed, I tied it down as per the operator manual. In the rear, I went through the rear wheel making sure I did not catch the rear sprocket. Seemed to work just fine.

It looks like the tie downs on the foot pegs are used to provide both downward and forward pressure into the front wheel chocks. I would think that as long as you were able to provide similar force from the back wheel, it would work. I would not be 100% sure until giving it a try though...

#5 ·
true..

they guy told me they took 2 RT's to Sturgus on a flatbed and had to keep stopping to tighten the straps up every couple of hrs, they are in Calgary Alberta Canada

so him and his bro come up with these..

but i agree you have to try it and see

#7 ·
If you look at my wheels you will see how I tie down my spyder, so far after over 5000 miles of trailing never had any problems and never had to check the straps as well bike does not move but it allows it to be free on it own shocks to handle any bumps in the road. I am not saying that the superclamps way is not good just don't believe they will stay tight the way they strap the bike down.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.