Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new RSS .Before purchasing it I asked the salesman whether or not could pull my old cyclemate trailer with it ...no problem he said. While having it prepped I asked the mechanic about getting an adapter going from 9 pin to my 7pin.He said he thought theyb sold them but to ask my salesman. When I went back to talk to my salesman there was anotheer salesman standing there talking to him. I asked the question about the adapter and he said there wasn't one . The other salesman said that unless I converted my lights to LEDS that it would overload the alternator.Also that by not using the full 9 pin connections it would cause the computer to malfunction and not give the correct functions to the bike and could cause handling problems. Is this just a sales pitch for me to spend a lot of money for the new trailer ? There's nothing wrong with my existing trailer so no reason to spend more money if there's any way to rewire and not cause problems .Maybe this is something I need to talk directly to CAN AM about but thought I'd throw it out here first and see if anyone else has used a different trailer.I would not have bought the bike if it wasn't possible to use my existing trailer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts