Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the same question. What is the single wire used for? I installed a harness on our 2020 Spyder RT and harness does not work. The dealer does have any idea what is wrong. Did you ever find an answer to your question and did you get your harness to work? Does it only work on a Can Am harness? I hope you can help. The harness is a simple plug and play. What do I need to do? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
What do I need to do?
How about explaining WTH you are talking about? Like context and specifics.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,253 Posts
Well HE knows what he was replying TO......but none of the rest of us do......because he didn't do a "reply" quite right.
Hopefully he can do it over so it quotes in the thread that he is referring to.
You do that simply by clicking on the "reply" icon at the bottom of the post that you are referring to.

My guess: Yes it might need to be a CanAm harness because some of the lighting functions are CAN bus controlled, I think.
Then....if you bought a trailer and harness from a third party and they told you it would work on a Spyder........contact THEM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Harnesses other than the BRP supplied one will also work. I use a TP7AS Bypass relay that is CANBUS friendly. The trailer in our country requires a 7 pin connector for separate Brake/Tail/Indicator circuits and clearance lights. I have used it to also power my Cameras front and rear, using the tail light circuit as the signal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts