Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Touring Windshield for the RT, part #219400243? I have not found any posts on this yet.

It is H 23" (58.4 cm) x W 22" (55.8 cm) which is about 3 inches shorter and 3 inches narrower when I measure at the tallest height and widest width from the stock windshield.

I'm a reformed sport bike rider and am looking for a bit more wind than the stock RT windshield gives. Also wondering if it will catch less wind and not be so lively on windy days. Thirdly, wondering if the mileage will go up any.

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no replies yet?

I went ahead to ordered the touring windshield. Based on the 496 at the warehouse, I would say that not many people have tried them. I will give it a try and give a report.

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the factory touring windshield on last week. It looks good, not out of place. As far as wind protection goes, it give quite a bit of protection at the lowest setting and nearly blocks all of the wind when raised.

I went on a 1060 mile ride and my mileage seemed to go up by 3-5mpg. The ride was up and down mountains with lots of wind. Overall, I was very happy with the smaller windshield.

Now for the real information. The smaller windshield makes a huge difference in the overall handling in windy situations. Cross winds and passing semi trucks are no longer a challenge. The Spyder does not try and wander all over the lane. Also, in the full up position, it does not create a suction that wants to the rider forward.

Also, in the full up position it gives enough protection that riding in the cool/cold weather is not too bad. I only had to put on a wind breaker under my summer jacket when the temperatures got down to 55 degrees.

At the end of my ride, the windshield was covered by bugs, but my helmet was almost clean. For most of the ride I had the windshield lowered.

Would I do it again? Yes. I like having the choice of putting the larger windshield back on for the wife or using the smaller windshield for the touring rides.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
I have an RS, but was interested as well in your findings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.