Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of sweet rides on this forum. Lots of great mods and upgrades.

What are your top 3 to 5 favorite upgrades for the RT? Sway bar for stability? Lights for safety? Aftermarket pipe? Juicebox? Fuzzy dice? Feel free to explain your choices if you wish.

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Gee... I've not changed much at this point, but the ISCI floorboards would have to be the best improvement so far...
Oh! Other than adding to the mileage accumulated on the odometer! :D

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I guess I'm just being stingy, cause I have an RTS (laughs). Plus it's the touring thread, not the RocketSled group. :)

However, I'm glad to hear about any cool upgrades, regardless of model. Anything to help me to decide how to spend my limited Spyder bling bucks.

Why the exclusion of the RS models? We're people too you know:) David

· Registered
85 Posts
Why the exclusion of the RS models? We're people too you know:) David
I think it's because many of the upgrades will be different or not applicable to one or the other.

My best upgrades were not aftermarket but provided by BRP

GPS Zummo 660

Communication center with BRP ST1 helmets
if anyone else has this and we ride together we can easily talk bike to bike thru CB

XM Radio --listen to it everyday!

3rd brake light---------SAFETY

Front LED mud Flaps--SAFETY

Corbin Seat with backrest------comfort & appearance

Seal Floorboards------comfort

RT 622 trailer- so I can carry more stuff :D

best mod that didn't cost anything was converting my analog temperature & fuel gauges to digital.

Best mod on myself was taking the Motorcycle Safety Course!

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really interested in the temp and fuel gauge conversion, but it seems that I've read if you dump the analog, you have two dead gauges on the console. Have you found a way to display temp and fuel analog AND digital?

I liked my MSF course too. Without it, in the military, there's no riding a Spyder.

I'm starting to notice my hips being uncomfortable on my RTS, like I'm too angular. It seems like the Corbin seat lets the rider seat further and would relax the angle of my hips. Plus that Corbin looks really comfy.

Thanks TicketBait for your input.

· Registered
85 Posts
I'm really interested in the temp and fuel gauge conversion, but it seems that I've read if you dump the analog, you have two dead gauges on the console. Have you found a way to display temp and fuel analog AND digital?

I liked my MSF course too. Without it, in the military, there's no riding a Spyder.

I'm starting to notice my hips being uncomfortable on my RTS, like I'm too angular. It seems like the Corbin seat lets the rider seat further and would relax the angle of my hips. Plus that Corbin looks really comfy.

Thanks TicketBait for your input.
The way they have the computer programed you have to chose digital or analog, so when i replaced my gauge with digital oil pressure & voltmeter, I have an all digital dash. But I rode for like 6 months with dead gauges and it was not at all distracting. This mod didn't make my top 5 cuz it was more about aesthetics than a real necessity.

The Corbin seat is an inch further back than the stock. It is less cushy,and instead very firm for a longer ride it is more comfortable. However if your feet and hips are tired you really want to get a floorboard first. I tell ya I so much prefer riding with my feet in a forward motion, The kewlMetals were the best for that, but the seal floorboards are also a relief to the ball of my feet when I would be on a long ride. Now I can adjust my foot position and even have my foot rest flat with no pressure (kinda hard to explain in writing)

· Registered
3 Posts
2012 RTS favorite upgrades so far

Seal Floorboards
Amber and Red Custom Dynamic Marker Lights (Repalces Reflectors)
Front Mud Flap Lights (Custom Dynamics)
Tour Pack Brake and Running light (Custom Dynamics)
"Grip Buddies" grip wraps

As you can probably tell, I am a nut for lights. As far as I am concerned, you can be too Visible. I was hit from behind at a stoplight when I was on my Harley. Lady's response was " I couldn't see your lights". Well, I can tell you, the Can Am lights up like a Xmas tree with all these lights. If somone can't see this, they shouldn't be driving!!

Also have installed the GPS, and CB. Not sure if I needed it but just wanted it!! I am sure most of you know how that goes..

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Well I've been watching, thinking and tinkering for a little bit longer before adding to my list:
The ISCI floorboards: comfort for my old tired feet
Diamond R Armrests: keeps the Missus happy
TricLEDs 3rd and 4th brakelights: I wanna be seen when I stomp on the binders
BRP's ACS for the rear shock: easier adjustability for the rear shock

· Registered
8 Posts
So far my RT Limited is all stock. I need to add something to change the position of my legs and feet. At 550 for floorboards, I need a few more leg cramps before i lay out the dough. I also like the pegs you can add to stretch out your legs. again at 290, I think stopping more often in in my imediate future.

· Super Moderators
2,782 Posts
Lets see hmmm mods?

Well EVERYTHING is important.. hehe

We started with lights for safety. :eek:

1> HID headlights
2> HID yellow fog lights
3> Replaced ALL reflectors with running/signal lights
4> TricLed fendor lights
5> Upper brake light
6> TricLed hidden brake lights
7> Wake Up module connector to all after market brake lights
8> Extra white lights on the chrome pieces in the front scoops
9> White frunk lights
10> TricLed high mounted rear turn signals
11> TricLed dynamic driving lights
12> Stebel Nautilus air horn
13> TricLed full skid plate
14> Gloryder wheel lights (fun too as i have 3 sets of different colors to mix/match)

ALL for safety

Now for comfort :D

1> ISCI floorboards at the lowest setting
2> ISCI cruiser (highway pegs)
3> BRP smaller touring windshield
4> Baker Air Wings
5> Grip puppies
6> Elka front racing shocks (handling and comfort)
7> Corbin armrests for the wife ( would never have bought if I knew how crappy Corbin quality is)
8> BRP Rt622 trailer for carrying more junk
9> 5> Inspector Gadget's rear trunk rack along with a Kuyakin suitcase that mounts on top of it when we want to carry a bit more stuff, but don't want to haul out the trailer
10> And last but not least our best investment would be our custom made Russell (DayLong) seat

Fun Stuff

1> full underbody custom halo kit from TricLed
2> vinyl (on the way)
3> more lights once Reggy stops galavanting all over the country
4> ISCI license plate mounted flag poles (once I can finally get some Spyder flags)

Other than that just a boring old Spyder RT Ltd

· Registered
163 Posts
haha. I have so many lights. I love them. all over the place, mostly custom stuff I did myself. adaptive running lights. elka shocks. utopia back rest. voltmeter. gloryders. Too much to list, really. I consider them all important. If you dont see my coming at night though, you are blind... and if you do see me coming at night... you WILL be blind... at least its only momentary.

· Registered
163 Posts
haha. I have so many lights. I love them. all over the place, mostly custom stuff I did myself. adaptive running lights. elka shocks. utopia back rest. voltmeter. gloryders. Too much to list, really. I consider them all important. If you dont see my coming at night though, you are blind... and if you do see me coming at night... you WILL be blind... at least its only momentary.
blinded by awesomeness!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.