Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a new RT-S within the next 2 months, but noticed the price is what I considered high. I was curious as to the average price others have paid for a new Can-Am RT-S model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well my dealer had a 2011 Orbital Blue RT, SE5, audio convenience package left over and was asking $24,500, no miles. I shopped around online and found a 2010 Orbital Blue RT-S, SE5, with 562 miles, from a private owner, asking price was $20,000, but got it for $18,500. Still has 6 mos warranty on it and might as well be new. While shopping I saw several pretty good deals, so just shop till you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, CB. Carto's right, if you're willing to look around and buy a model with a very few miles on it you can get a great deal. Most new models won't cut you a break, haven't heard of a dealership yet that would. Good luck!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not to mention that my first ride home was nearly 300 miles, yeah that broke my heart, (NOT). But I figure I saved many $$$. I have no problem with long rides anyway (two wheels) so 300 was just a tease......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the advise. It does help and I have been shopping around. I will continue to look. Hopefully by end of May I'll have my new toy. Yipee!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the advise. It does help and I have been shopping around. I will continue to look. Hopefully by end of May I'll have my new toy. Yipee!:)
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. If it makes you feel any better, here in the UK the Spyder RT-S is just over £23k new, so roughly $37,000 US. That's quite a markup just to ship one over the atlantic !

Al.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Local classifieds and forums like this are your best bet to get a good deal. If you want a good deal you'll have to be patient. Keep us updated on your future purchase, May is almost around the corner!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found mine on Craigslist using "Search Tempest". Lots of them on there, you can search Nationwide if desired. Emailed, talked on the phone then met face to face to do the transaction. Good luck and be careful dealing online......

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. If it makes you feel any better, here in the UK the Spyder RT-S is just over £23k new, so roughly $37,000 US. That's quite a markup just to ship one over the atlantic !

Al.
Holy crap...................yes I just bought mine a month ago and this does make feel a little better!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts