Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you should always go by the book, but I´ve seen posts where someone recommends to raise up front tire pressure to about 25 lbs for better handling, when the manual lists pressures at about 17 lbs tops. I'm about to do a 500 mile trip thru southern Texas and wandering if it might be worth a try, but still not too convinced. Is that safe?
Also heat is another issue here in the south (even in october). I don't know if there's risk of blowing a tire... Has anyone had any experience with that high pressures, is it really improving steering and cornering?

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I originally started with mine at 15psi. I eventually ended up at 16.5... I have seen in other forums that once your DPS unit is replaced, they specifically suggest that you NOT exceed 17 or 18psi... Besides; cranking our fronts up to that pressure is going to make for a rougher ride!)

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I originally started with mine at 15psi. I eventually ended up at 16.5... I have seen in other forums that once your DPS unit is replaced, they specifically suggest that you NOT exceed 17 or 18psi... Besides; cranking our fronts up to that pressure is going to make for a rougher ride!)
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Actually I made the experiment yesterday, inflated front tires to 25 psi and went for a ride. It´s true that steering was much easier, but I even felt it dangerously sensible ...and the ride was much bumpier, as Bob says. ...I think I'm going to stick to original settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.