Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any input on tire mileage. have 08 with 7500 and the rear is almost gone. Had hoped for more mileage, but guess i should be used to replacing tires on motorcycles. I remember when 3000 miles was good for a rear tire. just curious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got arround the same mileage on my spyder and same thing tires are just about shot. It also looks like I need a front end alinement too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have approx 3500 on my tires and they look like new. I am thinking they should go a lot more than 7500. I am using 18lbs in front and 28lbs in rear. I am also using RIDE-ON tire sealant balancer. I removed all balance weights, no tire cupping, no uneven wearing and I ride pretty hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've got about 14.5k on my 09, and i am in the market now for a rear tire, the fronts are not bad, but the rear is pretty much gone. Any one gone to high preformance car tires on the back yet?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The rear tire on my '08 was at the wear bars at 7600 km or <5000 miles. I'm not impressed but replaced it last week with an OEM tire from the dealer.

I'm the 2nd owner and have to think the PO musta lit up the rear end pretty often.

YMMV,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts