Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace tires on my 2008 Spyder RS and would be interested in knowing if anyone has switched to other tires, away from the Kenda brand.
I had a very good experience with a set of Vredestein tires on my Corvette, and was thinking of putting them on my Spyder. The sizes are correct, but I didn't know what air pressure to run in them, since the Kenda tire took a low pressure. If anyone has switched to car tires, can you give me some idea of air pressure for the front and back tires and if you found any handling or safety issues from the change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Falken Tire

I looked at the Falken tire, both the ZE-912 and the ZE-512 for the rear replacement tire. I also looked at a Kumho Ecsta AST for the rear. But neither Falken or Kumho make anything decent in the size 165/65R 14 for the front. I would like to use the same tires on all 3 wheels, if possible.
The Vredestein has several lines that have the sizes we need for both front and back tires. They are just so hard to get because most dealers don't keep the sizes in stock and they have to order them. How much air pressure are you running in the Falken rear tire?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Falken Tire

I looked at the Falken tire, both the ZE-912 and the ZE-512 for the rear replacement tire. I also looked at a Kumho Ecsta AST for the rear. But neither Falken or Kumho make anything decent in the size 165/65R 14 for the front. I would like to use the same tires on all 3 wheels, if possible.
The Vredestein has several lines that have the sizes we need for both front and back tires. They are just so hard to get because most dealers don't keep the sizes in stock and they have to order them. How much air pressure are you running in the Falken rear tire?
Hi. Long time rider with a '13 RSS, Iam getting about 4,000 out of my rear tires and was hoping that this discussion applues to my model as well. The Kendas just don't seem to last and I don't smoke my tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts