Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Rt limited. When bike first cranks the rpms go to 1700-1900. Rpms will not advance when throttle is twisted. Will idle. After eng. warms up I can turnoff, crank bike again and every thing is fine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
How many miles are on the bike? Reason for the question: TPS, Throttle position switch could be bad. THe switch could have a bad/carbon spot on the resistor. You normally can not clean the switch it just needs to be replaced.

Good Luck

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sticlshift, The high speed idle, if for a few seconds would be fine and is common on my bikes. If the idle only drops when the engine is turned off then back on then the only place to look is the idle air valve. This valve along with the air temp control will set the idle speed.

I had a problem on one of the Spyders and after removing the air box found a dirt dubber nest affecting the throttle/idle,

With milage that low I would not suspect the TPS.

Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
I have a 2012 rss throddle is a little Jerry at tack off I have k&n filter and a two brothers Exhaust do I need a tuner
If you still have the parts, it would much better, easier and cheaper to put the STOCK parts back on it.
Especially the intake filter.

If it is an automatic transmission, that could be a sign of a clutch problem too.

And a dose of a good injector cleaner wouldn't hurt either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts