Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or the Semi-Auto, how do you like it? Any regrets. I have a line on a very nice '09 used Spyder, around 11,500 (dealer cost, son works there), they are not a Spyder dealer. I have owned a VFR750 and GPZ750 back in the day, and test rode a manual Spyder a few years ago but did not buy. This one is the semi auto, not sure if I would like it. Just getting some info. Do not know the miles on the Spyder.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a '11 RT Ltd with the SE5. For the most part, I love it. When accelerating hard the shifting is smooth. When just riding around, it can take some getting used to. It will down shift in the middle of a turn if you slow down enough which can be un-settling.

The most different thing that I have found is that if I shift at low RPM's I may have to reduce the throttle as the automatic clutch slip after shifting some. But that is mostly when I'm riding in old man mode.

Having said that, if I had to replace my Spyder, I would get another SE5 though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and it has less than 2k miles, I should just buy the thing. Does it seem like a good deal?? I think so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my 2009 SE5 and will get another when the time comes. I think that price isn't to bad. Maybe see if you can get a few deals thrown in with the purchase like a nice riding jacket or whatever you would like. I purchased my 2009 in May 2010 with 560 miles or 900 kms on it for 18,500. I had the tall windshield, backrest and plate and the side fairings on it. I also had 500 dollars worth of clothing included. This is Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a '09 SE5 that I love! You'll want to shift up at no less than 4500 rpm or you have to back off the throttle to keep from bogging down. When coming to a stop you can coast and the SE5 will down shift as needed. You still have to down shift if the rpm gets below 3000. or you won't have any power to excellerate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well no worries, it sold today, 12.5 I guess. They had an all black one earlier that had a Two Bros pipe, that sold last week. There wil be others, and I think i would like a manual anyway. We'll see, thanks for the info.

mike

·
Registered
504 Posts
When I got my 2010 RS I was sure I wanted the manual but there were non available at the time so I got the SE5. Now that I have had it for nearly 2 years I can say if I had the choice I would get another SE5. It is just so much easier to manuver around at especially slow speeds, in tight places or when in reverse without having to mess with the clutch. As far as regular shifting the SE5 is super quick and positive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts