Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new Spyder owner I joined this and one other Spyder forum as a means of sharing and learning about my new ride. But this forum seems more dead than alive, with very little activity. I find that I check the forums that I participate in pretty much daily, including motorcycleforum.com, spyderlovers.com, GL1800.com, rugerforum.com, glocktalk.com and several others. But why bother when it seems hardly anyone is commenting or starting new threads? Am I missing something, or do you agree with me?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am hoping that maybe some of the many that just read the comments will join in the communication and get things more alive.

·
Registered
2017 Polaris Rzr EPS 570 SXS
12 Posts
Vito, it is just a function of how many folks are out there with a Spyder, as in not that many. You and I share a lot in common, both old guys who made the move to a nice Spyder {I traded in my 2017 Indian Springfield} both the same awesome blue. I spend a fair amount of time on a number of other Forum's {RV.Net, IRV2, Smith & Wesson, Honda, Polaris etc.} and the activity is always commensurate with the number of folks out there that have one. Here is a shot of mine:

Shoot me a private message anytime, as noted we have a lot in common. Take care,

Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t doubt that you are right. But it seems to take some minimum number of active members to give a forum life. For Spyder, this forum seems far less popular than the Spyderlovers forum, but I plan to stay active on both. And maybe there is a normal life cycle for a forum. Motorcycleforum.com, for example, while still active, lost some key members a few years back and seems to be slowly but surely losing interest.

·
Super Moderator
1,094 Posts
And maybe there is a normal life cycle for a forum.
It is what it IS.
I don't understand why you seem to be worried about it.
Do you fret because one grocery store in town seems to have a lot more business than the others ???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't fret over it. I do find that when I check on a forum that I have been interested in, and see little to no new activity of interest to me, I stop coming to look at it and delete it from my Favorites.

·
Super Moderator
1,094 Posts
I don't fret over it. I do find that when I check on a forum that I have been interested in, and see little to no new activity of interest to me, I stop coming to look at it and delete it from my Favorites.
And THAT is one reason why some forums never have much activity.
;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a new Spyder owner I joined this and one other Spyder forum as a means of sharing and learning about my new ride. But this forum seems more dead than alive, with very little activity. I find that I check the forums that I participate in pretty much daily, including motorcycleforum.com, spyderlovers.com, GL1800.com, rugerforum.com, glocktalk.com and several others. But why bother when it seems hardly anyone is commenting or starting new threads? Am I missing something, or do you agree with me?
I just joined today in anticipation of purchasing a Spyder, hopefully, next month. I, too, am on Glocktalk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Start by telling us what bike you got and any upgrades you have done to it and we might see if there is anything to talk about. Are you a DIY guy or a credit card farkler that shoots a wab of debt at a shop to buy and install the latest trinket.. Do you believe in car tires and upgraded sway bars. Aftermarket Shocks?? Foot boards? You know tell us something that would make us want to talk to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's not a matter of belief.
The rims on a Spyder have a "car tire" bead so anything you put on it really should be a "car tire".
I worry that the relatively light weight of the Spyder coupled with the sidewall stiffness of a car tire together with the lower than "car tire" air pressure could lead to poor adhesion to the rim.

I am also concerned that a smart insurance adjuster will say "unapproved by the manufacturer" and stick the rider with the repair costs and liability for any third party damages.

·
Super Moderator
1,094 Posts
I worry that the relatively light weight of the Spyder coupled with the sidewall stiffness of a car tire together with the lower than "car tire" air pressure could lead to poor adhesion to the rim.

I am also concerned that a smart insurance adjuster will say "unapproved by the manufacturer" and stick the rider with the repair costs and liability for any third party damages.
Your concerns are unfounded.

The pressures in use are not THAT much different.
And a soft sidewall is much more likely to roll off the rim than a stiff one.

AND.....there is no requirement that tires be "approved" by the manufacturer.......except for the max. speed rating.
The tire industry has it's own standards.......and those original OEM Kendas are dangerously close to being deficient for street use. THAT is what you should worry about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts