Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi

looked at a spyder yesterday and took it for a test drive very interesting riding a vstar 1100 right now,on the fence looking for a more relaxing ride with less worrying, about so much, ie road condition balance all that stuff would this be a good choice,need to hear from people who have gone from motorcycles to the spyder and how you feel the the difference between the two and if you are happy with the change

tx

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Finny!

I came off of a Yamaha Virago 750, and the change is significant. I personally am enamored with the Spyder's looks, handling capabilities, and safety features, not to mention the comfort. There's a small learning curve, but all in all its now my ride of choice.

The main differences are the method of steering, lack of a hand brake, and turning radius. The steering didn't take much concentration for long; the lack of hand brake had me grabbing air for a few days (still do once in awhile) and the steering was several hours of riding to get the hang of the location in the lane and around curves, but its all second nature now.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts