Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...Just bought a great used 2008 GS SE5 in August 2011 after 3 years of admiring the spyder/saving up...took the motorcycle (Ontario Canada) course as 51 yrs young & never rode before.As far as I'm concerned if you look up awesome in the dictionary,theres a picture of a spyder! Can't wait for spring now...plan on camping with it & riding it across Canada when I retire in 3 yrs...I agree with SpyderDave..its still dangerous on three wheels, but as long as you ride defensively, you increase your chances of staying safe...Thanks for some great tips on this website..with a used unit, we all need help from time to time.Happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Bardog!

I've got an '08 GS (they made the GS into RS now) SM5 and love it, too. Will need some pics of you and your new baby when the temps warm up and you get to ryde! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome.I managed to put over 800 km on my 08 before it got too cold...Will definitely share pics, in the spring.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We managed to get a couple hours in this afternoon due to freakishly warm weather for January. Looking forward to your pics!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Spyder! My wife bought me my '09 GS last year for my 50th birthday. I had never rode before but now you can get me off the thing! Rode to 4 states and 550 miles in one day just for the fun of it. Still riding in northern Illinois, It's only been down to 20F and still enjoying riding. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Thanks!

That it does. Gets us back out there when we thought our motorcycling days were part of the horizon. Love mine, am certainly happy with the move over from the motorcycle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts