Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, we were on our way back to the RV park, after dinner at the First Wave Buffet, and was coming straight again, at the end of a long, easy left curve. As I came back to the straight-ahead position on the bars, the thing hung up, and I had to put on some extra pressure, to get by a "notch", while the bike was still a little left of straight! Now, I've noticed that the DPS is a little notchy near the center, straight ahead position, especially at real low speed, but this is the first time that it's caught while going down the road.
I've seen the report that was produced when the DPS fix was performed under warantee, so, what am I supposed to think about this, now? Does this mean that the "fix" is not really a fix?
Too bad there isn't a manual box that I could put in there. That DPS feels too much like a "stepping motor" to give me much of a warm fuzzy feeling!

·
Registered
504 Posts
When was the DPS work done? I understand that they are replacing all the DPS units including the ones that were worked on during the original recall. You should have received a notice from BRP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. I'll have to check it out. Need to find out where the nearest Can Am dealer is, in the S. Texas area. We winter in an RV park in Brownsville.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unless you bought your Spyder within the last couple of months, the recall probably has not been done. Last year they did a software update. Now, many of the units need to be replaced. I bought my Spyder in July & it handled very poorly. After the DPS change it handles great. Hopefully the change will take care of your problems. My personal experience is that dealerships don't keep up with recall notices, even when selling a new bike. ed mcmillan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts