Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the day watch videos and reading blog entries about the handling of the Spyder. I felt like taking turns and corners in 1st gear was a little two careful. Tonight's lesson with my husband was changing lanes and making turns.

So as I was leaving the parking lot I accelerated, leaned forward and shift my weight into the turn and WOW the Spyder took over and just flew through the turn. It felt great. I did it over and over again.

I also figured out the if I line up my mirrors diagonally with the lines of my lane I am centered.

Oh and the highlight of my lesson. As we were sitting in the parking lot talking and a guy pulled up and said "I like hers better than yours." then he drove away. Can Am 1 - Triumph 0. Ha mine is better. LOL.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Get used to being the Rock Star!!! Its certainly a hoot! :D

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to prepare for this weekend. My mother and step father are driving up from New York for my neices graduation and I wanted to show my step father my bike, he is a die hard harley person. The problem is that means a 50 mile trip on a major highway to get there. I am not sure if I am ready yet. But I have four more days to practice. :D

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Look at it this way... You've got 96 hours to hone your skills and surprise your Dad... :cool: He's gonna love your Ryde and be proud of you and your newfound confidence!:D

· Registered
24 Posts
You are making great strides, do not put pressure on yourself ..... Listen to your gut and never over ride it! I did not and attempted a rally ride on my MC before I should have, and lets just say the gravel won on that ride..:O) a photo also speaks loudly at this point as well.....Have fun ......... He will be impressed no doubt...

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not a big risk taker, trust me, if I don't think I am there, I will get on the back of my husbands bike and just be a passenger.

My husband says that he will protect me from behind and keep traffic off me, he thinks I can do it, but he also thinks if I don't feel ready I should leave the bike at home.

I guess we will see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.