Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my RS in for it's 6000 mile scheduled maintenance. In the past when riding the temp gauge would read 3 bars on the road and 4 in town in traffic. After the service it went up to 4 bars within a mile of the dealership. I rode it for another day while keeping an eye on the temp. It would read 4 in highway driving and 5 or 6 bars in town. Mind you this took place when the temps were 35 outside or 65, didn't matter. I took it back to the dealer and they kept it for two days and couldn't figure it out. Finally they called BRP and were told this was normal and was a part of the computer update that was done with the 6000 service. They also said it was okay to ride with 5 or more bars, even 7 or 8. They said I should pull it over when the instrument panel started flashing. Okay, but I would like a little warning first. In any case the dealer said they did in fact do a computer update and they bought the BRP story. I have put a few hundred miles on it since and the temps stay at 4 bars highway and 5 in town. The temps have been 50 to 70 outside. I am okay with this but I wonder what it's going to be like this summer when we have temps in the 90's? Wait and see I guess. David

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that there are several vendors who have kits available that seal things up a bit up front to better direct the flow of air to the radiator. It's supposed to help keep them cooler...
I'm sorry that I don't have any more info, but I hope that this helps at least a little! :D
Look at the "missing air dam" and "air management kit" frpm Spyderpops. They really work well. Home - Spyderpops.com

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that there are several vendors who have kits available that seal things up a bit up front to better direct the flow of air to the radiator. It's supposed to help keep them cooler...
I'm sorry that I don't have any more info, but I hope that this helps at least a little! :D
Thanks. David

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the head's up. I went to the site and read the info. Do you personally have experience with this? Is it on your Spyder? David
Hi
yes both are on my 2008 Spyder and they work well. The air management kit stops the hot right foot completely in my experience. (I actually import Harvey's products into Australia)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the head's up. I went to the site and read the info. Do you personally have experience with this? Is it on your Spyder? David
I also installed the "missing air dam" on my 2008 RS (after they gave me the tip on this forum) with great results. Since here in my hometown most of the time is hot like hell, it has been of great help bringing down those bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts