Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to suggest the Forum's administrators to install the Tapatalk plugin.
I've been using Tapatalk on my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) for some months now to access all the Forums I subscribe to, including SpyderTalk and SpyderLovers.
Tapatalk is a great tool to facilitate and enhance any Forum member's experience.
Thanks so much for your consideration.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd like to suggest the Forum's administrators to install the Tapatalk plugin.
I've been using Tapatalk on my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) for some months now to access all the Forums I subscribe to, including SpyderTalk and SpyderLovers.
Tapatalk is a great tool to facilitate and enhance any Forum member's experience.
Thanks so much for your consideration.
+1

10chars

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't get it

I don't get it. I do forums all the time from my Atrix now. What's three bucks for tapatalk gonna buy me that I don't have now? Maybe I'm just not an iHead. Is there some difficulty reading and posting forums using iOS?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't get it. I do forums all the time from my Atrix now. What's three bucks for tapatalk gonna buy me that I don't have now? Maybe I'm just not an iHead. Is there some difficulty reading and posting forums using iOS?
It just makes it much easier to browse forums on any mobile device. Android as well, not just iOS. Trying to navigate forums with all the images and stuff in the way gets to be a pain on a 3.5" screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because...

Easier how?

Not hard to start with.

I can google up lots of "it's easier" but I haven't found a single "it's. E

which easier because..."

Sent from my pocket puter

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, instead of having to visit each and every forum section to look for new posts, it loads straight up to all the new posts on the board. Allows you to actually upload images and such to the board, which you can't do in a browser on an iOS device (never tried it on my android, so don't know about that one).

When I browse forums on a computer, I'll generally open each forum section up in a new tab. View the lists and open each post I want to read in a new tab. Which is the easiest way I've found to do it on a computer. With tapatalk, all the new posts are right there. And going back to the list is very quick, no need to reload the index unless you want to update it. I far prefer using tapatalk to browse forums than a real computer. Still rather type posts on a real computer if one is available. Though that is mainly due to the use of touch screen keyboards not being accurate or fast and autocorrect botching up every other word because of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
compare

Next time I visit my grandson, I'll snatch his iPhone and compare. With Android, I've had no probs uploading pics. Sometimes I use Opera or OperaLite (both free for Android) where I can open tabs. But usually, the list of windows on the Android browser is enough (they're limited to eight I think). You hit an icon, and there they are listed. Or somtimes I scroll thru the history. I frequent the motobrick forum, where there's a link you hit to list all new posts since your last visit. I frequent the chromeheads forum, which batches me new posts and threads by email. I frequent a couple of KLR forums, where each sub-forum clearly lists the new posts... there's too much chatter to worry about all sub-forums. I don't know whether any of these have tapatalk installed.

When I bought a smart phone for Bearswatter, I encouraged her to get an iPhone so we could compare. I even sent her down there with the iGrandson in tow, so he could guide her toward the iAisle. I thought it would be sensible to have one of each in the house. Instead, she came back with an HTC.

I guess we're just not destined to be iHeads. :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Next time I visit my grandson, I'll snatch his iPhone and compare. With Android, I've had no probs uploading pics. Sometimes I use Opera or OperaLite (both free for Android) where I can open tabs. But usually, the list of windows on the Android browser is enough (they're limited to eight I think). You hit an icon, and there they are listed. Or somtimes I scroll thru the history. I frequent the motobrick forum, where there's a link you hit to list all new posts since your last visit. I frequent the chromeheads forum, which batches me new posts and threads by email. I frequent a couple of KLR forums, where each sub-forum clearly lists the new posts... there's too much chatter to worry about all sub-forums. I don't know whether any of these have tapatalk installed.

When I bought a smart phone for Bearswatter, I encouraged her to get an iPhone so we could compare. I even sent her down there with the iGrandson in tow, so he could guide her toward the iAisle. I thought it would be sensible to have one of each in the house. Instead, she came back with an HTC.

I guess we're just not destined to be iHeads. :cool:
Im an apple fan, but I use an android phone. The iPhones screens are too small, and the only carrier i get usable signal with at home doesnt have the iPhone.. I use tapatalk on both my android and my iPad. I do find myself wishing at times there was a desktop version of it. Heck, there might be.. haven't looked.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I visit this site daily...from my PC. And you know what? It's very simple and easy to use just like it is. Too many people have become addicted to their handheld devices. Take it away and they go into withdrawal. That's not a joke. You don't need to be connected to EVERYTHING all the time. A business person during the work day I understand. Take a deep breath, slow down...and turn the darn thing OFF from time to time. Call me an old timer but the PC works just fine and it stays at home. I use my phone for making and receiving calls. Amazing how that works.

·
Administrator
141 Posts
Hey Guys,

The forum is available on the Motorcycle.com app which is our own branded version of Tapatalk. It works the same as Tapatalk and is available for Apple and Android phones. You can find out more information about it here.

- dm, community support

1 - 12 of 12 Posts