Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not what you guys are thinking; that's for sure! :D Yesterday afternoon the Missus and I decided to head for civilization (The Mall). The skies looked a bit "iffy", but off we went. Out on the road we got caught in a real toad strangler as the skies opened up! :eek: I raised the windshield, lowered my visor and chuckled as she sputtered like (literally!) a wet hen on the back... After a two-mile soak, everything cleared up and the sun was out again. As I surveyed our condition, I realized that i wasn't NEARLY as wet as I feared... My jeans were dry enough to walk around in, as were my shoes! Most of the weather had accumulated on my back and shoulders, but dried quickly with the heat and wind. Within 15 minutes I was as dry as a bone, and the MIssus only had a strip across her back that needed some attention... the backrest kept it from getting much air...
So now we're not going to be as reluctant to take a chance with the weather if it's warm enough to ride through what gets thrown our way! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah on my first sizable trip I hit a real frog strangler of a shower of about 5 minutes in duration. Popped her into 4 gear and held about 50 MPH with no problems on the straight road I was lucky to be on. After running out of it onto dry road again with sun and high temperatures and only a Tee shirt on I was dry in about 10 minutes down the road. Only spots I dried in the lunch stop down the road was where the rain sort of crept around the windscreen which I too put all the way up. I guess the almost massive frontal area the RT-S has is good for something besides sucking away gas huh? Bill ;)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm guessing that a frog strangler is worse than a toad strangler because they're better suited to water?? :D :D
I had to hold 55mph:eek: because it was a major road (for around here anyway!) and it was rush hour; the bike tracked straight and true and wasn't the least bit skitterish in the wet!:cool:

Hey in the city we called anything that hopped and looked like a toad a frog I guess? :D

I was lucky as heck to be alone in the storm and on the only straight section of a four lane southern WV road for which I am very thankful. I had less than 1000 miles on the trike and was just getting used to it. On the way down I popped it into VSS Limp mode and stopped for a bit to let it cool and reset and also walk over to a broken down Harley rider who was fevereshly trying to repair a pushrod not under the rocker arm where it belonged. Never knew they did that on a Harley, he said it was because he had a cam in it and too much lift for the stock pushrods. Live and learn I guess. Bill :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts