Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 08 RS i am trying to find a place to get switched power to run some accessorys. The power that runs to the front optional accessory plug (in trunk) is only rated for 25 watts, which is only a max of 2 amp draw. I am trying to find a spot to hook into that has a higher max. draw. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you need that much amperage, I would seriously consider going with a dedicated circuit. Chances are that if you try to piggyback on a switched factory circuit, you may burn the fuse.

You could use the connect a relay to the front power outlet and the battery. Use the battery for the +12V and the front power outlet to switch the relay on.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you need that much amperage, I would seriously consider going with a dedicated circuit. Chances are that if you try to piggyback on a switched factory circuit, you may burn the fuse.

You could use the connect a relay to the front power outlet and the battery. Use the battery for the +12V and the front power outlet to switch the relay on.
Thanks, thats what i did. I went down to our local electronics shop today and they sold me a relay that i can wire direct to my battery that will carry a max load of 30 amps and only requires 500 milli amps to switch on from key. So i can use thw 12v accessory power hook up to run it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts