Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Storage

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bob Denman 
#1 · (Edited)
Im a new bike owner and rider. I'm wondering if anyone has built a shed or storage container for the spyder. I cant find a shed with big enough doors to house my ride without being an eye sore. Need help I'm at the jersey shore and winter is comming fast.:(

Im also reading post about over heating I have the SE5 2011 and I notice that the temp. bars are reading close to H since I dont know what is normal what should it read.

#2 ·
I have been looking at plastic garden sheds BUT you need to find a 8' x 10' with a door opening of 66"

the bike will fit inside that with room to spare but you need to find out the door size first..

a 10' x 8' won't work as the bike is 8'6" long

#3 ·
I bought a shed from walmart (on line) that had doors that open up I think 78 inches it is a metal shed that is I believe 99 inches deep by 112 in. wide I can pull my bike in at and angle and have about 2 to 3 inches to spare to close the sliding doors cost about $ 400.00 plus dollars you have to put it together but it works have had it for about 2 plus years PS you should make a floor for the shed to sit on keeps the shed stable so far the shed has gone through 2 very heavy snowy Vermont winters still in good shape I have a 09 SE 5 gs model bike

#6 · (Edited)
#7 ·
As far as the temperature bars, mine is an '08 RS SM5 and runs 4 bars most of the time, and 5 bars when I'm riding in 93+ degree temperatures at slower speeds. Depending on what make/model you've got, you may want to look into Spyderpops missing air dam and .... dang it, there's something else, and I should know it because I've got it installed... criminy.... anyway, check Spyderpops. Or hang around a bit, someone who knows what I'm trying to think of will be by and fill in the blank!

#8 ·
There has got to be a huge difference in the engine temperature gauges between the RS/GS models and the RTs; both with and without the optional gauge package.
My RT NEVER gets to see the temp gauge rise above "halfway", yet the fan does its dance once in a while just as it should! :D
(I've got the "outboard" gauges in mine!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.